Pan Card is one of the essential documents for Indian citizens. Explain that Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a ten digit unique alphanumeric number. This number is issued by the Income Tax Department. This number is written on a laminated plastic card, which is called PAN card.
This is a very important document. If it is lost or stolen, many people’s work stops. If your PAN card is lost or stolen and you need PAN card soon for some work then do not worry. You can download it online. The new Income Tax website lets you download e-PAN card. The complete process of how it can be downloaded is given below.
Follow this method to download PAN card
It does not take much time to download the e-PAN card from the online website. You can download your PAN card by following some easy steps mentioned below.
- For this you have to go to Income Tax website www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal.
- Now here on the home page click on the option of Instant E PAN given below. Then go to New E PAN and enter your PAN number.
- If you do not remember your PAN number, enter your Aadhaar number.
- Many term and conditions are given here. Read them carefully and click on Accept.
- After doing this, an OTP (One Time Password) will come on your registered mobile number. Type it in the box that appears on the screen. Then after reading all the details click on Confirm.
- Now your PAN will come on your e-mail ID in PDF format. From here you can download your e-PAN.